First, create your personal account and claim your business on Yelp. Note: Yelp Events are not yet available in all areas, and you will not know if your area is eligible until you submit your event. So, you may want to put it together quickly, submit, and if it succeeds, go back and add details.
Create an Event on Yelp
- Log in to your personal account
- Visit http://www.yelp.com/events/create, or go to Events>Add Event
- Fill in all applicable Fields.
- Enter a catchy, informative event Name. “Turning the heat down on Menopause” might be more apt to attract attention than, “Menopause Seminar”.
- Enter Date and Time
- Is this a public venue or private address? Choose one, then, if it is a business name search by name and location to let Yelp link it with the business profile.
- What & Why: Enter Details including who can attend, if they need to RSVP externally as well, what benefits they will receive by attending (yes, including the refreshments!). This would be a great time to ask for a review! “Already a fan? Please, review us!” with a link to your business page.
- Who Is It For? The public, or just Yelp members?
- Event Site URL: Enter your Hub
- Tickets URL: Enter your registration URL, if applicable.
- Is this event Free?
- Choose a Category
- Select Create Event
- On the next screen, upload an eye-catching photo.
- Check out your event and make sure to RSVP from your personal account.
After Event Creation, you will have the opportunity to invite your Yelp connections, Email contacts and to post an update to Facebook. Take advantage of this! When people respond on Yelp, send out a Tweet, “Allison C. is coming to our event! You’re invited, too” and include a link to the Yelp event.
Don’t forget to ask how people found you when they start to arrive!