What is Still Against the Rules
A Brand New “No-No”
Why You Might Run a Contest Right on Your Page
What You Still Need to Do First
- Official rules
- Terms and eligibility requirements
- Compliance with any non-Facebook rules and regulations regarding your prizes and promotions
- A notice that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Is it acceptable to put all these in a page on your site and just link to them in your update? Facebook doesn’t say, but if not, this could sure muddy things up – and we were hoping to keep it simple!
Making it easier for page admins to run promotions – the only reason I can see why this change in rules is a good thing. Tomorrow I’ll tell you why I think this is a terrible idea :). In fact, I believe that on-page Facebook contests could actually poison your page.
Interesting in running a promotion that gets you closer to reaching your business goals? We can help with that! Give us a call at 800.305.9420×1 today.
- Facebook – Five Mistakes Bloggers Make (scalablesocialmedia.com)
- Facebook Hashtags and Privacy – What you Need to Know (scalablesocialmedia.com)
- 5 Great Examples of Social Media Marketing Super Campaigns (searchenginepeople.com)
- 9 Tips for Creating Effective Social Media Contests (business2community.com)
- How Taking Advantage of Facebook’s New Contest Rules Could Hurt Your Business (scalablesocialmedia.com)