Hooray! With the addition of Remote Desktop control, Google+ has just about any feature you could ask for for collaboration, presentation and recording. It’s great for training and customer support, too!
It’s very easy to use. Here’s how:
- Just start a hangout and click on “More Apps” . Install the Remote Desktop App.
- Invite someone to attend with you and you be able to click a button to help the other person on the hangout. If you choose to, it gives the other attendee the ability to accept or decline. When they accept, you can control their screen.
- They do not need to install the app on their end in order for you to help.
- Now, anytime you want to help someone just click the life saver!
Carolyn helped me out with a test. We wanted to know if it worked on air, and it does! It’s not exactly Oscar-Worthy, but here’s the result:
Would you like to put social media and Google+ to work for your company? We can help! Not sure yet if social is right for you? Get our social media “101” below:
- Remote Desktop on Google+ Hangouts (google.com)
- Google Adds Remote Desktop to Hangouts (CNet.com)
- Google Hangouts add remote desktop control, lets you play tech support (engadget.com)