OK, maybe the title is a little misleading. You can’t actually upload an .MP3 or .WAV file to YouTube. It is very easy, however, to combine an audio file with some images and convert to an .MOV or .WMV file that is perfectly acceptable to YouTube. Here’s How:
- Download and install Windows Live Movie Maker.
- Open it and create a new project.
- Click on “Add Videos and Photos” and select the photos you want to use.
- Click on “Add Music” and select the WMA or MP3 audio file.
- Then, click on the “Project” tab and click on “Fit to music”
- Go to File> Save Movie> Recommended for this project and Save.
Now you have a .wmv file that can be uploaded to YouTube.
- In iMovie, create a new project.
- Drag an image file to the project area.
- Drag an audio file to the project area.
- Adjust the image duration to that of the audio file by clicking on the “gear” icon in the left corner of the image thumbnail and click adjustments. Enter a length equal to your audio track.
- Share>Export Using QuickTime and give it a name.
- Click “Options” and choose:
- Compression Type: H.264
- Frame Rate: 30 is preferred. 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 are also acceptable.
- Data Rate: Automatic
- Key Frames: Automatic
- Frame Reordering: Unchecked
- Format: AAC
- Click Show advanced settings and choose Constant Bit Rate as encoding strategy.