Great landing pages are key to generating leads which you can then nurture to the point of becoming new customers. Check out the ten elements that went in to creating a landing page on our site with a 70% conversion rate! We break it all down below…
What Makes a Landing Page Convert?
- Brand your landing page to match your website.
- Keep people focused on the page at hand – do NOT include navigation.
- Add an interesting title here. It should directly correspond to your call to action for cohesion (see the CTA for that landing page at right).
- Add a compelling image. A shot of the cover of the eBook or whitepaper is often effective. If you’re signing people up for a webinar, try a photo of the presenter.
- Make it easy for people to share your landing page on social media.
- Here’s another chance to grab attention with a compelling heading. Use this space to spell out a key benefit they will receive.
- Use a bulleted (easy-to-read) list to tell people why your offer is so great, it’s worth supplying some personal information to get it.
- Tell them again, what they’re going to get.
- A form with only as many fields as you really need is more likely to convert than one that asks for too much information.
- A prominent “submit” button that says anything BUT “submit”. Try more positive phrases such as, “Get yours now!” “Claim your spot now!” or “Reserve yours!”
Want a handy printable version (with notes) to tack on your wall for later? Grab it!
- Five Reasons You’re Getting Lousy Marketing Leads (scalablesocialmedia.com)
- 4 Elements You Must Test On Your Landing Page (searchenginepeople.com)
- Measuring the Success of Lead Nurturing and Marketing Automation (scalablesocialmedia.com)
- Is Pinterest Really Generating Leads and Sales for You? (scalablesocialmedia.com)